Pages

Thursday 30 January 2014

Oprah Winfrey on turning 60: I'm more secure in being myself now

Oprah Winfrey on turning 60: I'm more secure in being myself now
Oprah Winfrey turned 60 on January 29.
Talk show host Oprah Winfrey, who celebrated her 60th birthday on January 29, feels more secure in life at this age.

Winfrey wrote a letter in her The Oprah magazine recalling some of her biggest moments in life so far, reported Us magazine.

"I'm turning 60. I'm alive. Healthy. Strong. I'm turning 60, and -- please don't take offense -- I no longer have to be concerned about what anyone thinks of me! I'm turning 60, and I've earned the right to be just as I am. I'm more secure in being myself than I've ever been," Oprah Winfrey wrote.

The Butler actress said that even in her darkest moments she remained optimistic.

"Even in my darkest moments -- through sexual abuse, a pregnancy at 14, lies and betrayals -- I remained faithful, hopeful, and open to seeing the best in people, regardless of whether they were showing me their worst.

I stayed open to believing that no matter how hard the climb, there is always a way to let in a sliver of light to illuminate the path forward. I approach this milestone, the landmark of 60, with humility, supreme thanksgiving, and joy. Knowing for sure grace has brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home."

0 comments:

Post a Comment